Monday 31 March 2014

The Goss Diaries

Did you get some extra golf in yesterday with the clocks going forward ? I dragged my mountain bike out, "hosed it down" with WD40, put a grin on my face for an hour and am now having trouble walking :-)

With April being only a few hours away every red blooded golfers mind turns to thoughts of The Masters and this year on their website they are doing some inspiring Diary Features which will give you a different slant from the usual "Will Scott retain will Tiger play ?".

One of the Diary players wrote:

"There will be a lot of pressure, to be sure. But I think it will also be a lot of fun. And the fact is, I actually like playing in front of crowds. They inspire me and make me want to play well as they also keep me calm. I feel like I cannot do anything silly or stupid in front of so many people, so I think through my shots a bit more carefully."

Hell I break out in a sweat just walking up the 18th in front of a crowd of a tournament I'm at and I don't even have to hit any shots! With an attitude like that that guy could go far, Olivier Goss is his name, a 19 year old Australian at the University Tennessee and what's even better he was born in England so you won't feel bad about rooting for him to make the cut on his first appearance at Augusta especially as the Third Round on the Saturday is his 20th birthday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2014-03-27/201403271395951556058.html